FDCP Opens Call for Filipino Producers for Cannes Producers Network 2023
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, MARCH 23, 2023 — As the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) gears up for its participation in Marché du Film 2023, the business side of the Cannes Film Festival, the FDCP has officially opened its call for applications for Filipino producers to be part of the country’s delegation to one of the biggest film festivals and film markets in the world.
As part of the Agency’s project and talent development goals to provide opportunities to further expose Filipino talents to international networking platforms, the FDCP will be selecting Filipino producers who will be part of the Producers Network happening from May 17 to 22 in Cannes, France.
The Call for Producers is open to Filipino producers, excluding executive producers, line producers, associate producers, production managers, and production assistants, who qualify to the following criteria:
- Producers whose main activity is production;
- Producers who have produced within the last four (4) years at least one (1) feature-length film commercially released in a theater or commercially distributed on global video streaming platforms. Screenings during festivals will not be accepted as commercial distribution;
- Producers with project/s in development and have plans to pursue international co-production especially Asia-Europe co-production.
Eligible applicants must be registered at the FDCP National Registry and must be able to submit all the required documents and requirements to [email protected] with the subject “Application for Producers Network 2023 - [SURNAME]” on or before March 31:
- Proof of personal credits as a film producer (films released within the last four years)
- Intention letter
- Company profile
- Dossier of project in current development (must include financial plan)
- Copy of passport (valid for at least six months from May 2022)
- HD profile photo in JPEG format.
Selected producers will receive a Marché du Film and Producers Network accreditation sponsored by the FDCP and a PHP50,000 reimbursable stipend including flight, accommodation, and allowance subject to proper liquidation, auditing, and accounting. The accreditation also grants selected producers the following:
- Access to Festival's screenings (upon request)
- Access to reruns of films from the Official Selection of the Cannes Film Festival
- Access to Marché du Film screenings
- Access to screenings at the Marché du Film Online
- Priority badge to Market and Festival screenings
- Access to the exhibitor booths, pavilions, and program areas
- Access to Marché du Film online platform
- Free one (1) year subscription to Cinando, a premiere online network designed for film professionals
- Access to conferences, panels, and masterclasses
- Access to Producers Network events including Opening and Closing Nights, Breakfast meetings, Co-Production Night, etc.
Since 2004, the Producers Network has become a go-to gathering venue for film producers from all over the world, offering a series of meetings and events designed to create opportunities and build networks.
The Producers Network will be held as an in-person event from May 17 to 22, simultaneous with Marché du Film and Cannes International Film Festival.