LATEST NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- 2 Filipino Films to Screen in A-list Czech Film Fest
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, JULY 8, 2022 — Two of the most talked about Filipino films of this year will be screened at the A-list festival, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (KVIFF) in Czech Republic which opened last July 1, 2022 and will run until July 9, 2022.
- Ilonggos Warmly Welcome Film Historian Nick Deocampo Back Home through Retrospective; Celebrates his 40th Year in the Filmmaking Industry and Launching of his Book on Alternative Cinema
The Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) hosted a homecoming film retrospective in honor of respected filmmaker and scholar Nick Deocampo at the Cinematheque Centre Iloilo last June 18, 2022 in time for his 40th anniversary as a filmmaker. This special showcase is in line with the Agency’s recently-concluded Pelikulaya: LGBTQIA+ International Film Festival and with the launch of his latest book, Alternative Cinema: The Unchronicled History of Alternative Cinema in the Philippines.
- FDCP, CHED Hold CineIskool Short Film Lab and Festival Premiere and Awards Night
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, JULY 7, 2022 — After holding intensive film labs from story concepts for production and editing, the CineIskool Short Film Lab and Festival premiered the short films of the ten finalists and announced the winners last June 22 in Gateway Cineplex Cinema 1 in Cubao, Quezon City. The event was capped by an awards night ceremony hosted by Alora Sasam and attended by CHED Chairperson J. Prospero De Vera and FDCP Chairperson and CEO Liza Diño.
- PeliKULAYa LGBTQIA+ International Film Festival Concludes Month-long Festival, Announces Short Film Winners
MANILA, PHILIPPINES, JULY 7, 2022 — The PeliKULAYa LGBTQIA+ International Film Festival of the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) has recently concluded the month-long festival and announced the winners of the short film competition during the festival’s Closing Party and Awards Night last June 26 held at the Xylo at The Palace in BGC, Taguig.
- Lav Diaz, Lone Competing Filipino in French Film Fest; John Lloyd Cruz Leads Star-Studded Film
"Isang Kasaysayan ng Karahasang Pilipino" (A Tale of Filipino Violence), a film by Lav Diaz and stars John Lloyd Cruz competes in Festival International de Cinema Marseille or International Film Festival Marseille (FIDMarseille) in Marseille, France from July 5 to 11, 2022.
- FDCP and DOH Premiere Healthy Pilipinas Short Films
The Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) and the Department of Health (DOH) officially premiered their six (6) short films advocating for a healthier lifestyle in the Healthy Pilipinas Short Film Festival last June 24, 2022 at the Red Carpet Cinema 1, Shangri-La Plaza in Ortigas.