fund for PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
CreatePHFilms Funding Program was launched to ensure that the government works with and provides support to filmmakers, producers, and distributors in all stages of filmmaking to complement their efforts to produce quality Filipino films. We look for screenplays and projects with the potential to become great Filipino films with an appeal to local and international audiences, representing the best of Filipino filmmaking.
The CreatePHFilms Fund for Project Development is a selective and non-recoupable fund of Two Hundred Thousand Pesos (P 200,000.00) per project for the development of mid to feature-length film projects.
Any Filipino production company duly registered as a business in the Philippines and accredited by the FDCP National Registry for Companies: Click Here
1. Must be a narrative script;
2. Must be a script or treatment for a mid (at least 40 to 79 minutes) to feature-length film (at least 80 minutes);
3. Must be a work of fiction, documentary, or animation;
4. Must be in English or different Filipino languages;
5. Must have a Filipino director; and
6. Must apply for the first time to the CreatePHFilms Fund for Project Development.
1. Must be a Filipino production company duly registered as business in the Philippines
and serving as the producer of the Project;
2. Must hold or share the intellectual property rights of the Project;
3. Must have all necessary rights to develop, produce, and distribute the Project;
4. Must be duly registered at the FDCP National Registry for Companies (NRC); and
5. Must not have any overdue obligations from any FDCP assistance or funding programs.
1. Make sure that you have read and understood the terms of these General Guidelines, as well as the relevant information on CreatePHFilms Fund for Project Development Guidelines on Eligible Expenses and the CreatePHFilms Fund for Project Development Information Sheet on the expectations and deliverables of the Grantees.
If you have any questions or clarifications, the CreatePHFilms Secretariat is here to help. Please email [email protected]
2. If the terms of the Fund are acceptable to you and when you are ready to apply, download the “Call for Application” folder that includes the guidelines and the latest application form of the Fund from www.fdcp.ph/createphfilms. Please make sure that you peruse the latest guidelines and application forms as these are regularly updated on the website.
3. Fill in and submit the CreatePHFilms Fund for Project Development - Call for Application Form and all required documents to [email protected] during one (1) of the two (2) application cycles per year. Please be guided by the following:
a. Application and other forms must be supplied in English or Filipino only.
b. Submit the soft copy of the full application with the subject field labeled: CPHFilms -
PD - CALL FOR APPLICATION - [Project Title].
c. When submitting your fully accomplished application, all documents including attachments/annexes must be grouped into a single PDF file (except for the Application Form which should be in Word Format and submitted separately from the PDF file) with all annexes grouped and labeled with the name of the Project in all capital letters (compress the file size to around 10MB if possible) or a file-sharing link well-organized with all the annexes properly named as per the requirement checklist and the name of your Project.
d. DO NOT send any element or item from your application individually or in separate emails. The CreatePHFilms Secretariat will disregard these and consider your application incomplete.
e. The official date of submission will be the date the CreatePHFilms Secretariatconfirms that your application requirements are complete.
4. The CreatePHFilms Secretariat will verify all the documents and may ask you to provide further supporting documents, should it be decided that the submitted documents contain inadequate details.
5. Once the application is verified complete, please send the hard copy of your signed and notarized Statutory Declaration.
6. After confirming the completion of the application, the CreatePHFilms Secretariat will submit the applicant’s Project to the CreatePHFilms Selection Committee for review and consideration.
2022 Application Period
Cycle 1:December 3, 2021-March 3, 2022, 6:00PM
Cycle 2: July-September 2022
1. Degree to which the work promotes the Philippine culture and territory;
2. Compelling and engaging ideas with the potential to be great films;
3. Degree to which the Project targets local audience;
4. Quality of the script, scriptwriter, and director attached to the Project; and
5. Proposal on where the applicant intends to spend the Fund.