THE FDCP DEAR PRESS! PROGRAM (For Displaced Freelance Entertainment Press Workers) FACT SHEET
The FDCP DEAR (Disaster Emergency Assistance and Relief) Program is a quick response fund of the Film Development Council of the Philippines that provides financial assistance to its stakeholders who are directly affected by a major natural disaster or public health emergency like the Covid-19 Pandemic. This disaster-triggered funding mechanism is activated every time the President of the Philippines declares a public emergency or a State of Calamity in the country.
DEAR PRESS! PROGRAM
"DEAR PRESS!" is a targeted financial assistance program for disaster-affected freelance Entertainment Press workers who suddenly lost work or engagements as a direct result of the Coronavirus 2019 Disease (COVID-19). These freelance workers do not have direct employers and are not eligible for other government instituted benefits.
This program covers all eligible freelance entertainment press workers included but not limited to writers, editors, reporters, photographers, and other members of the entertainment press working for newspapers, tabloids, or verified entertainment blogging sites in the National Capital Region.
Each Entertainment Press worker who qualifies for the program will receive a flat-rate cash financial assistance of Five Thousand (P 5,000) tax-free to cover their essential needs during the crisis period., like personal needs, medical expenses, housing and rent, and other essentials. Those granted aid must render a Return Service commitment to FDCP for its programs and activities.
All applicants for DEAR PRESS! Must satisfy all of the following requirements:
• Freelance Entertainment Press workers who are members of the FDCP National Registry for Entertainment Press (NREP). Membership can be lodged concurrently with DEAR PRESS! Application
• Freelance Entertainment Press workers who suddenly lost work as a direct result of a disaster, who either worked or was scheduled to work at areas affected during the time of the declared emergency
• Freelance Entertainment Press Workers who do not have unemployment insurance benefits from either your employer/ producer or from any other government agencies (e.g. DOLE, DSWD, SSS).
1. Filled out NREP/DEAR Application Form
2. Signed Affidavit of Agreement with at least an affixed signature
3. Copy of Press ID
4. Certificate of Engagement from Editor/Publication
5. Copy/link of a recently written article about PH Showbiz Industry
You can now fill up the ONLINE APPLICATION form HERE
1. Fill out the DEAR PRESS Application Form available on this page. Print the form and fill it up legibly by hand or typed text.
2. Collect all the available documentary requirements and attachments, scan each document or take a photo of each.
e.g., [APPLICATION] DEAR (PRESS!) (Dela Cruz, Juan)
4. Wait for the call of our FDCP DEAR AGENTS, who will help you through the rest of the application process.
5. Within three days, you will receive a message if you are eligible or ineligible in the program.
6. Once approved, your benefit payments will be deposited to your bank accounts or through money remittance centers.
Hard Copy Application
For applications during the COVID-19 situation, hard copy submissions are discouraged. However, drop boxes for DEAR applications will still be available at the FDCP Office at 855 TM Kalaw Street, Ermita, Manila, starting March 23, 2020.
You must apply within thirty (30) days of the announcement of the activation of the DEAR Program through an FDCP Advisory released online and through mass media channels. For applications related to the COVID-19 declaration, they may be submitted to FDCP from March 30-April 30, 2020.
Submission of Documentary Support
Make sure that all documentary requirements are available before lodging your application. However, if you cannot provide further documentary proof when you submit your forms, you will have twenty-one (21) calendar days from the time of your application to meet the requirements. Failure to do this shall forfeit the claim or will result in the return of the benefit to FDCP.
The following will NOT be eligible to apply for the program:
• Workers who are employees of companies regardless of status (regular, contractual, project-based, contract of service, etc.) and are in the monthly payroll of said companies.
• Workers who are entitled to regular employment compensation, waiting period credit, or benefits from SSS, DOLE, and other similar government institutions or agencies are NOT eligible for DEAR.
If you are an employee (regular, contractual, seasonal, project-based, contract of service etc.) of a company that is affected by a disaster as proclaimed by the President, please refer to the CAMP and TUPAD assistance programs of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), or to the available programs of DTI, DSWD, SSS or other similar agencies.
The DEAR fund is a government fund for your welfare. In the spirit of serving the community and the stakeholders of the audiovisual industry, we ask beneficiaries of DEAR PRESS to commit to rendering return service by covering at least two (2) FDCP-led or FDCP-supported events, activity, or project for free. The service must be rendered within two (2) years after you receive the DEAR assistance.
DO YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
[INQUIRY] DEAR NR (Topic)
e.g., [INQUIRY] DEAR NR (Doc Requirements?)